You can make a contribution to support
trACtors online, safely and
securely, using our PayPal account.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ASSEMBLING
1. Remove varnish from moldboard and share. (Keep greased when not in use.)
2. Bolt standard (1) to plow bottom (2) as shown.
3. Bolt beam (3) to standard at (4). Lock with jam nut so that beam is free to
swing on standard.
4. Attach depth regulator screw (5) at (6) and (7).
5. Attach rolling coulter assembly (8) to beam, and adjust coulter standard (9)
so that blade runs from 3/8" to 1/2" to the left of landside. It is
desirable not to run the rolling coulter over 2-1/2" deep.
Loosen bolts (10) and raise or lower tractor handles to the desired height. To
adjust width of cut loosen nuts (11) and adjust plow bottom to desired width.
Retighten nuts (11) securely.
After width of cut has been set, be sure to check coulter standard so that blade
runs to the left of landside as in paragraph 5. Adjustments are provided at (12)
Grease fitting (14) should be lubricated frequently. Wheel weights and
counterweight are necessary for heavy plowing.
BE SURE THAT ROLLING COULTER IS OUT OF THE GROUND WHEN
TRACTOR IS IN REVERSE GEAR.
[Source: Owner's Manual and Parts List,
Simplicity Garden Tractors and Implements, date unknown, courtesy of Mark
Waite & Joel Wicker]